Hoppy Easter, friends! How adorable is Ashley’s DIY Easter Basket? Its the perfect accessory for that adorable little Easter Bunny who is about to start hopping around all by herself!
- Make two identical doughnut shaped templates out of cardboard. The outer circle should measure 1 1/2 inch and the inner circle should measure about 2/3 inch but depending on how big you want your poms poms. Pom will be the size of the outer ring.
- Sandwich both doughnut shapes together and begin winding yarn around the rings. Tip: double up the yarn to make the process quicker and mix colors for a multi effect.
- Keep winding until you can no longer fit the yarn through the middle of your doughnut. Cut a length of yarn about 6 inches long and set aside for later. Insert scissors between cardboard discs and snip the wrapped yarn all the way round.
- Double up your 6 inch length of yarn, slip it between the discs and tie lightly. Wrap and knot a few times to make sure it’s secure.
- Remove cardboard discs, scrunch your pom pom and give it a light trim to even up.
- Add the pom poms to any suitable basket. You can tie on or super glue.
We’d love to see your Easter Baskets! #thewildcactus // @thewildcactus